SPIRIT Open Equestrian Program is dedicated to healing of body, mind and spirit using interaction between humans and horses, to learning, using activities with horses – on the ground or in the saddle – to promote awareness and then relate that learning to life beyond the barn.
At SPIRIT we use horsemanship and Equine Assisted Activities to reach therapeutic goals for a wide range disorders, to improve basic self esteem and we teach about communication, trust, responsibility, partnership, and empathy.
We are a nationally recognized, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and a member of the Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International (PATH International).
The vision of SPIRIT Open Equestrian Program, Inc. is to create a strong positive and stable environment that will foster healing, growth and personal development in the lives of its participants and staff.
- Integrity: Striving to do what is right for our clients for our community and for our profession. Ethics, fairness, honesty and integrity are the cornerstones of our practice.
- Passion: Passion for what we do and the drive to excel in every aspect of our activities leads us in our work.
- Quality: Excellence is seen both in the services we provide and in the results we attain.
- Respect: Respect for the dignity and worth of all, regardless of level of ability.
- Professionalism: Taking pride in our work and aspiring to be the best we can be; continuously learning and improving our performance.
- Possibilities: Believing that nothing is impossible.