The SPIRIT Open Equestrian Program is made possible by hundreds of annual gifts from SPIRIT’s students, parents, relatives, volunteers, and friends. These contributions provide general support, purchase food for horses, pay vet and farrier bills, insurance and other Program Expenses.
Gifts of Cash
A cash gift is a simple and easy way for you to support the on-going work of SPIRIT.
Some of the potential benefits of cash contributions:
- An immediate impact on our mission today and for the future.
- A charitable deduction for income tax purposes.
Make Your Gift Online Now!
It’s easy. Just click here and complete our online donation form. Your gift will be processed quickly and safely using a secure server.
Send Us Your Gift By Mail
You can send us a check or money order.
Our address is:
SPIRIT Open Equestrian Program, Inc.
P.O. Box 1342
Great Falls, VA 22066
Contact Us for More Information
If you have any questions about making your gift, please contact us by clicking here to send us an email with your questions or comments.
Gifts of Stock or Securities
Many donors support the work of charitable organizations through gifts of appreciated stock or other securities.
Such a gift provides a double benefit:
- An significant contribution toward SPIRIT’s ongoing mission today and in the future.
- Benefit from a charitable tax deduction, normally for the fair market value of the stock or securities at the time of the gift, while generally avoiding capital gains taxes on the contributed stock or securities.*
If you are interested in making a gift of stock or other securities, please contact us today.
Gifts of Real Estate
Many friends of charities have benefited from a gift of real estate, sometimes including a building or other structure.
Benefits from this type of gift include:
- Valuable support for SPIRIT’s mission and efforts to find a permanent home for the program.
- A charitable deduction, normally for the fair market value at the time of the gift, and if the real estate has appreciated, the gift to a qualified public charity generally avoids capital gains taxes.*
Other Contribution Options
In addition to donations of cash and other types of property described above, some donors undertake more complex contributions, such as charitable bequests, certain types of charitable trusts or annuities, and other types of long-term planned giving. If you are interested in contributing to SPIRIT’s on-going work through one of these types of arrangements, please contact us. We would be happy to work with you to achieve your particular objectives.
Personalize Your Gift
DESIGNATE YOUR GIFT to support an area of the SPIRIT that you feel passionate about such as:
- Support for the Therapeutic Riding program and assistance for participating families with financial needs
- General support Unrestricted use (where our need is greatest)
- Sponsor the horse of your choice for a month or for the year
Make a TRIBUTE GIFT to honor or memorialize someone dear to you, such as a family member, friend, co-worker, student, faculty member, or mentor. Contact us to establish a specific memorial fund.
You may be able to double, or even triple, the value of your contribution if you or your spouse are employed by a company that offers a MATCHING GIFT PROGRAM. Ask about a matching gift program at your employer’s human resources or benefits department, complete the matching gift form, and send it to us. Or, let us know where you work, and we will assist you in acquiring the necessary forms.
SPIRIT Open Equestrian Program, Inc..
P.O. Box 1342
Great Falls, VA 22066
*For more specific information about the tax implications of any contribution, please consult your tax advisor.